Do you like creative writing? Join the Aula Oberta of the UV!
- Information and Promotion Service for Students - Blasco Ibáñez
- September 13rd, 2022
With an eminently practical and participative methodology, the workshops of the Open Creative Writing Classroom of the Universitat de València promote the acquisition of skills and resources to tackle literary creation among students. Registration is open from 13th September to 2nd October.
The 17th Edition of Aula Oberta includes the following genres: narrative, theatre, poetry and short film script. The workshops, with an initiation level, are face-to-face, have a duration of 25 hours and are given by specialists:
- Theatre, with Núria Vizcarro: playwritght, actress and director, founding member of La Ravalera, winner of the 18th Castelló a Escena Theatre Award with Teresa, Best Show at the 22nd Barcelona Theatre Festival with Asesinas, and finalist for the Max Awards 2019.
- Narrative, with Lourdes Toledo: journalist and writer, 20th Mancomunitat de la Ribera Alta Essay Pirze with Amèrica endins: dietari (2014-2017) and Josep Vallverdú Essay Prize 2020 with La inquietud.
- Poetry, with Begonya Mezquita: Language and Literature teacher, author of El perfecte somriure (1st Vila de Mislata Prize), Entre la distància exacta i la nit, Signes de terra, Una illa and Parlen els ulls, and of the short poemsBadalls d'estiu (1990) and L'any de les atzavares.
- Short film script, with Begoña Soler: professor of directing actors, short film script and acting. Best short fil at SEMINCI 2015, shortlisted for the Goya 2016 and jury member in official sections of several short film festivals.
The language of creation can be Valencian or Spanish, at the choice of the participants, and an academic recognition of 1 ECTS credit can be obtained. Each workshop costs 35 euros and places are limited.
Open creative classroom is a programme of the Office of the Vice-Principal for Studies, organised by the SeDi Information and Promotion Service. It has the collaboration of the Office of the Vice-Principal for Culture and Society (Poetry Club, Literature Society, Performing Arts Club and the Cinema Club) and the Faculty of Philology, Translation and Communication (Office of the Vice-Dean for Culture).
- Enrolment period:
- From 13th September to 2nd October, for students of the Universitat de València and La Nau Grau.
- From 26th September to 2nd October for the general public.