Erasmus Incoming

  • What can I do to study as an exchange student at the University of Valencia?

    You should first find out whether your home institution has a bilateral agreement with our university for your field of studies. Furthermore, you will have to be selected by your university. Please ask your International Relations Office for more information. More information:


  • Can I go as a freemover student?

    Currently it is not possible to apply for a freemover stay. More information:


  • How can I enrol as an ordinary (not exchange) student?

    You can find information about admissions at:​.

  • I need to know the courses and schedules offered by UV?

    You can find information about courses and schedules at the following links. More information:



  • Can I take courses that I am interested in but are unrelated to my major?

    Erasmus and International students must take most of their courses, at least 50%, within the agreed areas of study specified in the bilateral agreement. Students can enrol on courses from other fields of study, as long as the number of vacancies or any other restrictions allow it. However, permission to participate in courses from other fields of study cannot be guaranteed before the arrival. More information:

  • Where can I find the course programmes?

    The course programmes are posted on the UV webpage. After clicking on the desired degree, you will have to take the following steps: Click on "Curriculum" > click on "Check info" for the courses you are interested in > click on "Teaching guide" > a pdf with all the information on the course will emerge. More information:



  • I have doubts about credits, subjects to study, etc. Who can answer my academic questions?

    According to the degree you will be studying at UV, you will have an UV academic coordinator responsible for that degree and who will be glad to solve your academic doubts. Please, click on the following link to find his or her name and e-mail address.

  • How can I know that I have been accepted by UV?

    First of all you will receive an e-mail from the International Relations Office letting you know that you have been registered in our database according to your university’s nomination. A few weeks later, you will receive an e-mail from with your password and instructions to fill in the online application form. Finally, once your application has been processed, you will be able to download your Letter of Acceptance. More information:

  • Is there any language requirement to study at UV?

    No, certificates are not requested. However, it is advisable for students to have at least a basic level of Spanish before coming to our university, since our classes are taught mainly in Spanish. Catalan (Valencian) can also help. In addition, students are encouraged to take the Spanish intensive course in September before the beginning of classes and/or apply for the EILC (Catalan). More information:

  • Are there any courses held in English?

    Yes, there are a few faculties/schools offering courses taught in English language. Please click here to see the offer.

  • Where can I find the academic calendar?

    Please check the academic calendar here:

  • Does UV accept one-semester exchanges and can I study with you during any of your two semesters?

    Yes, you can stay with us during either of our semesters, but before applying at your University for one or the other, please check if the courses you are interested in are 1st-semester courses (September-January) or 2nd semester courses (February-July). There are also annual courses. Click here to see how to find out. 


  • Is there any Spanish language course for exchange students at UV?

    If you want to take Spanish language courses, our Language Centre offers a special discount to any Erasmus student. You do not need any certificate to get this discount. The International Relations Office will provide the Centre d’Idiomes a list of accepted Erasmus students. Contact: More information:​.

  • Is there an online application for UV?

    Once your home institution has sent us correctly your nomination as an exchange student, you will get an e-mail with instructions on how to fill in the online application form. More information:

  • I have received an e-mail with instructions on how to fill in the online application form. Which is the deadline to send it?

    After being accepted, incoming students will receive an email with their login-code and the instructions to fill in the online application form. This should be done within 30 days after the reception of the email. More information:

  • I still do not have the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). What can I do?

    If you still do not have the EHIC because you can only apply for it a little time before coming to Valencia, try to send us any receipt of your application for it. You should bring your EHIC with you or else a private health insurance card, otherwise you will not be registered. In both cases, your health insurance has to cover the full length of your stay in Spain. More information:

  • Do I need a visa during my stay in Valencia?

    Citizens of Member States of the European Union and of other countries participating in the Agreement on the European Economic Area (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein), remaining in Spain for more than three months as Erasmus students are required to personally request their registration in the Central Registry of Foreigners. Said application must be submitted to the Bailen police station (C / Bailen, 9 - Valencia), within three months from the date of entry into Spain, being immediately issued a certificate of registration stating the name, nationality and address of the registered person, their foreigner identity number, and the date of registration. More information on the following links: 

  • Which is the date of arrival?

    After the nomination deadline, the International Relations Service will send you an e-mail with information about the Reception Day and other relevant dates, requirements or activities. The Reception Day will usually take place on the week before the semester starts. At the beginning of the session, you will be given your Certificate of Arrival and a welcome pack. Please note: the date of arrival on the Certificate will be the date of the Reception Day. More information:

  • I am a special needs student because I am disabled / I suffer from a chronic illness. Who can I contact about this?

    You can contact our Unit for Integration of People with Disabilities at: Please specify your needs and they will arrange things so that you will be able to study with us as comfortably as possible. For more information have a look at:

  • How can I get my transcript of records/grades?

    Universitat de València has developed an online procedure so that incoming students with mobility grants can download their Transcript of Records for free. It is important that you first check at portalumne that all your marks have already been recorded. You can apply for your Transcript of Records here: